Installed Shinobi with the Ninja Way (or Git)
1. If your Shinobi is installed in the default location then you can open a terminal window and navigate to the Shinobi folder in /home.
2. Run the following commands to run the update process with Git.
git reset --hard
This will overwrite any changes you have made to the core files. Your configuration files will not be affected. Sample configuration files may change.
3. Then restart Shinobi to activate the changes.
pm2 restart camera
pm2 restart cron
How to turn your Shinobi folder into a Git folder
If you do not have Git you can do this on Ubuntu
apt install git
or this on CentOS
yum install git
1. Run the following inside your Shinobi folder to convert it to a Git repo folder.
git clone https://gitlab.com/Shinobi-Systems/Shinobi.git temp
mv temp/.git Shinobi/.git
rm -rf temp
2. You don't need to restart Shinobi unless you decide to update.